Years ago, I learned just how powerful prayer can be. I have seen a church explode with growth spiritually, emotionally, relationally, fiscally and physically. This church was on the verge of closing, but God’s people covenanted together to pray. As their Pastor, God revealed to me what I call the “Refriger-Prayer.” The covenant we all made was to put this on our refrigerator, or in our bibles or cars – and now it can be on a smartphone. And every time we would go to the refrigerator to get food, we would pray — in agreement with our fellow congregants — at least one or more or even all the prayers on the prayer list for our congregation. You have to get food out of the fridge. Why not pray a short, secret, simple, sincere and specific prayer before you open the door? If your refrigerator is not magnetic, tack it close by or leave it on the nearest counter. By the way. Take time to read all the scriptures.
The Car Prayer
Your can also do a similar thing with your car: Leave one in the seat of your car. When you get in your car, follow the “Refriger-Prayer Spiritual Practice.” That is pray at least one or more or all of the prayer requests, and then put it on your car’s visor. But be sure to put it back in the seat as you get out.
The Smartphone Prayer
Regarding your smartphone: take picture of the “Refriger-Prayer” or email it to yourself and download it. Make it conspicuous on your phone. So, every time you go to your social media, text or wish to call someone, follow the “Refriger-Prayer Spiritual Practice” mentioned above. You may also just save this blog to your phone, and use this “Refriger-Prayer” I will provide here.
I know that, when people join our congregations, we ask them to, among other things, to pray. Yet, we never answer the big question: What question? How do we pray? I submit to you that this “Refriger-Prayer” is a key spiritual device for helping Christ-Followers agree in prayer.
Therefore, check out the “Refriger-Prayer” below. Feel free to use it or adapt it to your congregation. I will tell you that these focused requests, when answered, are things God blesses. So, we are not praying for God to “Bless Our Mess.” We are joining God in what God blesses.
If you would like a copy of the “Refriger-Prayer” I currently use, just email me and I will send you an email with an attachment that your church can copy and use. God changes things when God’s people pray. Here is my email firstname.lastname@example.org
And here is a sample “Refriger-Prayer:” It really works when two or more people agree in prayer. Wonderful things happen when we persistently humble ourselves in prayer, seek God’s face and turn from our wicked ways. God really does hear from Heaven, forgive our sins and heal our land and or our church.
I Will Put This on My Refrigerator, or in my car or in my Smartphone, and I will Pray At Least One Prayer Request Per day.
2 Chronicles 7:14, Matthew 18:19, Luke 18:1-8
Dear Lord Jesus Son of The Living God Have Mercy and Hear My Prayer,
- Please empower our Pastor to fulfill the calling to equip the “Saints” to do the work of the ministry: Ephesians 4:11-13
- Give us Your Vision, O Lord. Proverbs 29:18 & John 14:21-23
- Pour out your Holy Spirit on each one of us & empower us to know and do Your will. Acts 1:8, Ephesians. 3:16, Colossians 1:9-14 and 2 Timothy 1:7
- Grace us to discover and receive our spiritual gifts. Transform us to use them for the edification of the Church and good for the good of the Kingdom of God. Acts 2:38, Romans 12:6-8, 1 Corinthians 12:1-10 & 28-31, Ephesians 4:7, 1 Timothy 4:6 and 1 Peter 4:10-11.
- Please fulfill in us THE Great Commands more and more each day Deuteronomy 30:6 & Matthew. 22:36-40
- Please fulfill the first great commission in us by raising up laborers to be the harvesters of Your Kingdom. Matthew 9:37 (Also see Isaiah 6:1-8)
- Please transform us all to walk in Your authority and fulfill the 2nd Great Commission: Mt. 28:16-20
- Grace us to authentically deny ourselves, take up our crosses and follow you daily: Mt. 16:24-26, Ephesians 6:10-20
- Make us a tithing community. Malachi 3:10-11
- Grace us to feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, welcome strangers, visit the sick, and imprisoned. Matthew 25:31-46
In Your Holy Name Jesus, I Pray: AMEN!